REGISTERING TO VOTE:
To register to vote by mail, download and complete the Voter Registration Application and return to the Office of the City Clerk, 14400 Dix-Toledo Highway, Southgate, MI 48195.
You may also appear in person at the above mentioned office or any Secretary of State facility to register to vote.
- Voter Registration Application Click HERE
If interested in applying for the position of Election Inspector, download the application and return to the Office of the City Clerk, 14400 Dix-Toledo Highway, Southgate, MI 48195.
The current pay rates are; Chairperson - $140, Co-Chairperson $132, Inspector $120.
Training session is mandatory and compensation for said session is $15.
ELECTION INSPECTOR APPLICATION:
Click HERE for Application
- To access Map click on hyperlink Precinct Map
- Determine residential location.
- Determine precinct number associated with said location.
- Find voting location at the bottom of the map.
1, 2 Grogan School, 13300 Burns
3, 4, 5 Davidson School, 15800 Trenton
6 Allen School, 16500 McCann
7, 8 Civic Center, 14700 Reaume Parkway
9, 11 Gerisch School, 12601 McCann
10 Shelters School, 12600 Fordline
- To apply for an absentee ballot by mail download and complete application for an absentee ballot and return to the Office of the City Clerk, 14400 Dix-Toledo Highway, Southgate, MI 48195.
- The deadline for applying fro an absentee ballot by mail is the Saturday prior to Election Day at 2 pm.
YOUR VOTE DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
If you are a citizen of the United States and 18 years of age, make sure you are registered to vote. www.michigan.gov/sos
Registration deadlines are 30 days before an election.
If you cannot go to the polls on election day you are eligible to obtain an absentee ballot if you:
- are 60 years of age or older
- are physically unable to attend the poll
- will be out of town on election day
- are assigned to work the polls as a precinct worker
- cannot attend the polls because of the tenants of your religion
- are in jail awaiting arraignment
If anyone of these apply to you, contact us for an application for an absentee ballot or write the Clerk a letter stating your name, address, what election you need a ballot for, and the reason. Make sure you sign your request. You must always request an absentee ballot in writing.
Contact the City Clerk’s Office at (734) 258-3015 to obtain public information.